Virtual Ice Breaker Questions for Your Next Team Event
64 Virtual Ice Breaker Questions That Are Actually Fun
Managers of remote teams should always look for ways to increase communication between virtual team members. Several studies have shown that good lines of communication can build trust and, ultimately, productivity among coworkers. So what is a good way to get remote team members to open up to one another? Virtual ice breaker questions are a great and effective way to get conversation flowing at your next team meeting.
Jump to Section
What are some good virtual ice breaker questions? There are limitless ice breaker questions that are appropriate for many teams. Whether you’re looking for something funny, engaging, or even something that helps build community amongst your team, we have compiled some virtual ice breaker questions that you can use for your next meeting and listed them here.
Scroll through this list of virtual ice breakers. If you’ve used any of these or have any you’d like to share, please let us know in the comments!
Why Are Virtual Ice Breakers Important?
Ice breakers are essential to the workplace because it can change workplace relationships into genuine friendships, and that has been shown to increase in better productivity.
According to a 2017 study conducted by researchers at Ohio State University, Pennsylvania State University and Grand Valley State University, friendships in the workplace have a “significant positive effect on group task performance”. The study found friendship groups are more likely to perform better than acquaintance groups.
This is why ice breakers are so vital, especially in the remote workplace. If your organization can cultivate friendships between coworkers through games like ice breakers and other virtual team building activities, you are likely to see better results from employees.
Now that we’ve outlined why implementing virtual ice breakers into your team meetings and virtual events, let’s dive right into some great virtual ice breaker questions!
Funny Ice Breaker Questions
1. What is your most used emoji?
2. What was the worst haircut you ever had?
3. What is the tackiest item of clothing you’ve ever bought?
4. If you were a professional wrestler, what would be your ring name?
5. What is your go-to karaoke song?
6. If you could bring back any fashion trend, what would it be?
7. Which mythical creature would you keep as a pet?
8. What was your favorite childhood cartoon?
9. What was your favorite song as a teenager?
10. Do you have any guilty pleasure TV shows, music or books?
11. Share your favorite meme with the virtual meeting!
Ice Breaker Questions for Virtual Meetings
12. Where are you located?
13. What was the first job you ever had?
14. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
15. What would your superpower be and what would be your superhero name?
16. If you could have dinner with any historical figure, who would it be?
17. What is the last concert you went to?
18. Do you have a celebrity story?
19. What is something you feel proud of this week?
20. Who or what is your greatest inspiration in life?
21. How do you like to relax and wind down?
22. What is the most interesting item within arm’s reach of you right now?
23. Do you have a nickname? If so, how did you get it? If not, what nickname would you give yourself?
24. What is your favorite animal?
Holiday Ice Breaker Questions
25. What was your favorite holiday gift you ever received?
26. What was the best gift you’ve ever given someone?
27. What is your favorite holiday movie and why?
28. What is your favorite Christmas carol and why?
29. Skiing or snowboarding?
30. What is your favorite winter sport activity?
31. Does your family have a traditional holiday meal? What is it?
Interesting Virtual Ice Breaker Questions
32. You have your own late night talk show. Who do you invite as your first guest?
33. If aliens landed on earth tomorrow and offered to take you home with them, would you go?
34. Which fictional world or city would you like to visit?
35. Would you rather have the ability to fly or have the power of invisibility?
36. If you could rename yourself, what would you choose as your new name?
37. If you had to teach a class on one subject, what would you choose to teach?
38. Would you rather become a zombie who roams the earth or a ghost that haunts a house?
39. Do you have a fun fact about the town where you live?
40. What was your favorite Halloween costume that you ever wore?
41. How did you meet your best friend?
Foodie Virtual Ice Breaker Questions
42. What is your favorite sandwich?
43. What was your least favorite dish to eat as a kid?
44. What is your favorite chicken nugget shape?
45. How do you dress a hot dog?
46. Do you have a special dish you like to make?
47. What is your favorite dessert?
48. What is the weirdest food you have ever eaten?
49. What is your favorite restaurant?
50. In your opinion, what is the best way to cook an egg?
Travel Ice Breaker Questions
51. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
52. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
53. What is the longest road trip you have ever taken?
54. How many different countries have you visited?
55. What is your favorite travel memory?
56. When you stop to fill up during a long road trip, what snacks and drinks do you get?
57. Choose one to visit: faraway beach, historic city, or pristine wilderness.
Hobby Ice Breaker Questions
58. What is your favorite sport or physical activity?
59. Do you have a favorite craft or art you like to make?
60. Do you have any hidden talents?
61. What is your favorite TV show?
62. Are you a superfan of something? (Sports team, TV show, musical group, etc.)
63. Can you play any musical instruments? If not, which one would you most like to learn?
64. What is your favorite piece of art or decor in your house? Where did you get it?
More Team Building Ideas and Resources
Looking for more resources to help with team building for your remote office environment? We’re here to help! Check out these other articles with fun and productive team building ideas.